Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation

hallo

i just finished a bunch of work for the committee i belong to [part of the humane society]. the last several days have been kind of trying in the sense of dealing with a totally inconceivable situation involving an animal [will spare details!] - coupled with the mind blowing fact that it was all utterly unnecessary, as i'd already offered intervention.

space was in order as i was trying to decompress - and so i mentioned to a friend what i was doing. a few hours later he contacted me - saying straightaway- "i know you asked for space, and you said you could not be upset by anything, but ......"

what followed from him was indeed terribly anxiety inducing. i could have avoided the call, but not the issue he delivered so, brink of meltdown happened although the actual MD was a few days later.

essentials for me to get back on track are [always] the main three: space, sleep, and schedule. maintaining the latter two help with more of a cush coping skills-wise, and of course, routine = a predictable route with less interference of stressful scenarios. not always realistic, however.

i know what you mean, urs- people often comment that i must only have "a little bit of autism", or that i seem "so normal", et c. i find the words insulting because they are based on assumptions of what is acceptable behaviour in their mind. very telling on their part, and not usually going to get a smile from me- which really doesn't go over famously with the individual another topic all together- whenever i have some rest !

hope you are all having a great new year!

belle
ox

violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post: