How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
It is kind of wild that one phrase can have such dramatically different interpretations, isn't it?

Isn't this kind of unusual?

Darn, if I was one who used this term I think I'd stop using it or clarify it (at least in the written word where you have no body language, facial expressions, inflections in speech, etc.), because people would have such different interpretations as to what I was saying!
I don't see it as "one phrase can have such a dramatically different interpretation". As I stated before, if one looks at the phrase AS IT IS typed "My truth" or "this is true to Me" one will see that it is coming from a personal level.

Why stop using the phrase? I personally do not think that it needs clarification(when it comes to "I believe" or "My truth..".). I take the phrase as it is coming from a personal level. In my opinion, being able to see someone's body language or facial expression does not always matter when I am reading from the "My" truth perspective.

I have also noticed there have been times that the post is not thoroughly read. Do not get me wrong, I have been guilty of it also. That is why I try to thoroughly read and perhaps re-read the post to make sure I did not miss anything. Of course, I have not seen it in this particular thread, but I have in others.

"There's something to be said for not saying anything"
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post: