View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Oiler41;302029]To me, from the perspective of being nearly 50 years old, age doesn't seem to matter so much when you are young; however, there are issues that can be a simple as very different taste in music that seem small initially, but can show the age gap. One of you wants to go to a rap concert, the other wants to go see a classic rock band.

But more importantly, it matters as you get older. I was once with someone ten years my junior; she was certainly less mature, had younger life experiences and had yet to discover things I already knew; it is true that some things only come with age. In a situation like this, when I am 65 and ready to retire, she would have still had ten years to work to get to retirement; by then, I would be 75 and would have missed ten years worth of opportunities to do things and go places in my prime retirement years, unless I wanted to go and do things alone. Not exactly the best plan for those golden years.

I married someone my age; best thing I ever did! We have similar life experiences since we grew up in the same time frame. Although we grew up in different circumstances, there are still many similarities that only exist because we grew up during the same time frame. When I was in my 20's, my 30's and even into my early 40's I kept saying it didn't matter, but I knew in the back of my mind the age gap was going to be an issue, but the closer I was getting to 50, the more clear it was becoming.

I vote yes, it is an issue and will be more of an issue in later years. Just my 2 cents.

Glynn[/QUOTE

Spot on