Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

You know Dapper that is so true about it being an art. Most people don't realize the cost and continuing education of a hairstylist. I looked up the NC Barber schools and if you want to do the whole shebang, the hairstyling, the nails, makeup, it can cost in excess of $10,000 for a one year course. That ain't cheap and they must take continuing education classes like you said at an additional cost.

The old dudes in barbershops don't go thru all that, if you just want to cut hair I think the tuition was like around $6000 which still ain't that cheap and if you want to stay current on styles then there's additional cost for that continuing education.

I'm like you, I've had the same woman cutting my hair for years now, she charges me the men's rate cuz my hair is relatively easy to cut, I always tip her $5 and at Christmas it's $30. They have to make a living as well, are always standing on their feet, usually wind up with a lot of leg issues from standing all day as well as carpal tunnel which could kick them out of their chosen field. They often have long hours as well and work most Saturdays. If they aren't the shop owner then they have to pay part of what they take in to the shop owner to rent a chair in the shop which could be upwards of 60% of what they take in. It's surely not a profession I would enter into, so I don't begrudge one penny I have to pay to them.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post: