Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Something that is continually on my mind concerning this action (and what is going on throughout many nations in this region) is if what women endue everyday in many Arab countries will be addressed in some global manner. Stats for Eqypt show that over 83% of women across socio-economic lines are sexually abused and harrassed throughout their lives.

I have reservations about this action, yet there is a part of me that wonders about how Libyan (Eqyption as well) women view the possible collapse of this regime. Women are raped and harrassed in these countries on a regular basis. I don't accept the concept of cultural relativity as an excuse/reason for the treatment of women as shit in any nation.

Do women in Libya and throughout the Arab world see that they their daughters may have a different life if this tyrant is removed? Or, do the rebels even think about women's rights and treatment?

If Libyans are better educated, how does this apply to women? And are women included in living a freer life within more democratic Arab nations? Will they be part of future social and political institutions?
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: