View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,851 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation
Default Move Your Money Movement

There's a push afloat to get people to move their money from the Big Four to community banks and credit unions. What do you think?

Lots of people think that it's a good idea, but don't want to be bothered with the work required to move an account. Others seem to think that having a branch and ATM on every corner is important. With direct deposit available to so many and pretty much every place one walks in to willing to give cash back on an ATM purchase, I'm curious to know why it is that folks need to have constant and instant access to their bank. It makes sense if you have a business and need to make regular deposits, or your paycheck has to be manually deposited every Friday, but that's not most folks.

Move Your Money

linkyloo to Huffington article

I haven't had a checking or savings account with any of the Big Four since about 1995. Two of them pissed me off so much that I won't even accept their credit card offers. I'm stuck dealing with one (for now) because it gobbled up the regional bank that held my mortgage and one credit card. I have to go to my brick and mortar bank 3-4 times a year, and my online bank has more free ATM sites within 5 miles of my house than any of the Big Four.