How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,945 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Sachi
Back in the 1950s, we went to Houghton Michigan to visit friends of my Dad who had moved there. One guy had bought a home on ten acres. He was retired so he time on his hands. The first summer he was there he dug a trench around the outside of his property and was able to hook it up to an artesian well (naturally free flowing well.) A spring or river would work as well, if you had access to one.

He built downhill slants and drops into this trench to increase the speed of the flow of the water. He built several paddle wheels into it and close to the house he had a windmill that was powered by both the water and wind as well.

Anyway, long story short, he generated enough electricity to power his whole house and sell enough power back to the electric company that he powered his house for free the rest of the year. It's cold where he lived, so this system was probably working less than six months of the year.

Now this was in the late 1950's so imagine how much more knowledge is out there that would let you have a good power source right on your own property.

I did find one link to an article telling how to do it, but I found it a little technical. You may find it easier. Also there is probably lots of other info out there.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5937675_make-hydro-electricity.html

You can do it!!!
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post: