How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,945 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Here's one that will satisfy the laziest of cooks. It was passed on to us by hubby's Mom and is a family favorite of ours. All four of my kids love it.

My crock pot sits on top of the stand and can be used also as a pan on the stove, so heres what I do.

1)Take out enough frozen chicken pieces to satisfy your brood. Put them in the crock pot. (turn the base on so it gets hot)
2)Add one or two TBS of whatever oil you prefer.
3)On the stove, sear till somewhat browned (with some cut up onions.)
4)Sprinkle on garlic and whatever spices you like.
5)Put the pot back on the base and dump a can of tomato sauce, or two cups of your favorite prepared spaghetti sauce, plus one cup water over the chicken.
(NOTE: If you are really pressed for time, just throw the chicken in the pan frozen, add the cut up onions, spices and sauce, turn it on high, put the lid on and run out the door - it still tastes great when you get home.)
6)Cover and cook on low all day while you are gone to work (or on high for 3-4 hours while you are home)
7)Ten minutes before you are ready to eat, drain a can of peas and dump them in the pot, stir it up a little and put the lid back on.
8)Serve over mashed potatoes, noodles, or rice.

Yumm!
Smooches
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post: