How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,945 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default the best mashed potatoes in the world

1 potato for each person you are cooking for, plus one more "for the pot." Wash the potatoes before boiling.

1) Cover potatoes with water (one inch over the top of the potatoes) and boil in pot with lid on until well done (a fork goes easily 1/2 way in to the potato.)
Note: Don't turn the heat off until you are ready to mash them because they get "funny" if you allow them to cool much before mashing.
2) Drain the potatoes. If you are going to mash them in the cooking pot (like I do), make sure there is not a bunch of residue on the sides of the pan. If there is, wipe it out before you mash.
3) add 1 TB butter/margarine for each potato (I said the best, not the lowest calorie, LOL)
4) Whip with a hand or stand mixer set very low till potatoes are pretty well mashed and stuff has stopped flying around. Gradually turn up speed till they are well whipped.
5) Turn speed down to very low and gradually add evaporated milk. (regular milk will work, but I like evap milk for anythin I want creamy.) Add mile till you have reached the consistency you like.
6) Put in a bowl, put a pat of butter/margarine on top, and serve.

Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post: