How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,945 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
I usually buy chuck roast for the crock, but I trim off excess fat before cooking because I want to use the gravy with my meal. I never put veggies in with my roast. I think it takes longer to cook. I do, however, make mashed potatoes to go with it. When I'm peeling potatoes, I always peel one sweet potato to add to the white. Gives a whole new flavor to mashed taters
Hi Wolfy,
This is a second day slow cooker recipe. LEFT-OVER ROAST BEEF STEW

Cook your roast like you normally do without veggies, but cook one that is big enough for two meals. When it is finished, take it out and cut up, slice, or chunk,the amount of meat you will use for your meal today. Leave the juices in the slowcooker. Go ahead and have your dinner, let the remainder of the roast, and the juices cool.

After dinner cut up the meat that has been cooling into bite-sized pieces. Chunk up a medium sized onion, at least one washed potato and one good sized carrot per person in the household (I usually do at least six myself, we love carrots) Add whatever spices you like, stir it up and let it sit in the refrigerator over night. The next day add 2 cups of water and put it on the slow cooker at the lowest temp. This will not need to cook all day. At low temp it will cook in about four hours, at high it will be done in an hour or so. It's the best tasting stew ever because all the flavors mixed up together overnight. If it needs thickening, add some instant potato flakes.

About 15 minutes before eating open a roll of biscuits (or make your own.) Place them on top of the stew. Make a ring around the outside of the crock pot. They should touch each other, and touch the outside of the pot. Put the lid on and cook for ten more minutes. Then take the lid off and cook for five more minutes. This will make some some big puffy yummy dumplings on the top of your stew. Put a dumpling or two on everyone's plate and cover with the stew.

Delish! (and easy!)
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post: