Old 05-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #18
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
As far as I know any gay bar with Eagle in it's name is actually a gay men's (sometimes women are welcome) leather bar. You can get your ass thrown in jail for having consensual BDSM activities. The Top/Dom/Syr/Sir can be arrested for assault, assault with a deadly weapon (knife play), domestic violence, without the bottom/sub/slave pressing charges.

I am wondering if the raid at the Atlanta Eagle (in 2009) was more about BDSM than about gay. The combination could be irresistable to a prosecutor or the police.

We need changes in federal and state laws to protect those of us who are kinky/leather folks from harrassement and jail time. At IMsL (International Ms Leather) this year, petitions were passed around for signatures to actually put something in a CA proprosed crime bill to ensure consensual behavior was exempted from the law.

Wow...sorry for the derail, but I never realized that this was an issue. I'm stunned that these activities (when consensual, of course) can still get someone in serious legal trouble. Just sitting here like this