Old 05-15-2011, 12:12 AM   #15
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

In real life, I'm all over the Internet. My name is rather unique and most all of the google results for my name are actually me.

The others are a school teacher on the east coast who is the only other person I've found that shares my first and last name. (We also share a rewards club membership at Best Buy because every time one of us tries to get a new one, they say we already have one. We keep in touch via email and it's one of the oddest online friendships I've ever made online.)

I do google myself often and spend a fair bit of time on a regular basis working on my SEO. Because so much of my business depends on the Internet, I do have to be more careful these days about what I do online using my real name. In the past, I haven't worried too much about it and there was a point where googling (well, yahooing back then) my name showed everything from leather community stuff to work stuff. I've gotten most of it cleaned up but after the first 3 or 4 pages there is some non real estate stuff that still shows up. For most of the social stuff I do, I've either set things to the highest privacy levels so they don't show up in search results or I've completely changed the names that I use. Since I expect, and often request, that my clients google me at some point, I have to make sure that they only see what I want them to see.

I participate in some "high risk" activities online. Primarily this is related to gaming so I'm on constant alert for everything from viruses to keyloggers and other types of malware. I probably worry more about this than anything else when it comes to the stuff I do online. I would be very sad if my little pink haired gnome got hacked!
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post: