View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 10:50 PM   #7
greeneyedgrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme/queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Thanked 3,267 Times in 835 Posts
greeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
Canadian (and some other countries) education systems are vastly different--equal funding for all students regardless of location or neighbourhood or whatever.

No teacher here (my Canadian city) would dream of creating an assignment that is not accessible to all students--regardless of socio-economic status.

We would be called to the table if we assigned such a thing.

However, like I said, we have equal funding for all students--regardless of where families reside--they have quality education.

ETA: So, no, there would be no assignments that some kids could *afford* and others could not.
gotta say i'm feelin a lil jealous right now... that is not the way the us distributes $$.
greeneyedgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greeneyedgrrl For This Useful Post: