Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

I spent many years not be happy in my own skin. Diets, over eating, under eating, diet pills...years and years. 5 or 6 years ago I decided that hating my body was not making anyone happy. Myself, my friends, my family, my partners.

I don't know how much I weigh currently, but it varies between 250 and 270, depending time of year, health, etc. I'm mostly a size 18-20-22.

There is a history of heart disease, arthritis, diabetes, alcoholism, etc. in my family, so these are reasons that about a year and half ago, I started working out regularly with a trainer. It was NOT about losing weight or focusing on trying to be thin. FOR ME it was another step in learning how to love myself, my body, my health. I also sometimes do Yoga and try to take long walks regularly.

There was no exact moment when the flip switched (a few things happened all at once), but I feel pretty grateful that I got a few signals because I am SO much happier in my world and I think others around me are too I started to focus on the positives, surround myself with like-minded people and learning to celebrate me, fully, in whatever size I am.

I'm still the same size. I'm still hot. Sexy. Beautiful. I'm still fat.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post: