Old 01-19-2010, 12:01 AM   #101
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,796 Times in 25,670 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippieflowergirl View Post

hi Gemme-a-roo!

i think Whitney is drop dead gorgeous! i should be so plus sized! i'm glad that she won ANTM at a size 10 but i hate that she's called a "plus sized model" when she's 2 sizes smaller than the average american woman (who is typically a size 14. (i hear 12 to 14 is the median). the words posted under her photo arent mine. (hence the quotes)

Ah, Hell. I need new glasses. I saw the quotes, but didn't 'seeeeee' the quotes, yanno? Sight? One. Comprehension? Zip.

~~~~~~~~~

on other fronts....why fat? why is THAT so important? it's the same as having brown hair. or being short. or whatever. it's superficial. it has absolutely nothing to do with the worth of a person any more than gender, race, culture of origin, sexuality has.

so what's the scoop? are we so pathetic a species that we feel better about dragging others down in order to pull ourselves up than we do about tending to the cultivation of our own characters and leaving that of others alone?

really?

Um, yes. The human race has many good qualities such as the capacity to love, to have kindness and compassion, to protect fiercely and to maintain honor and integrity. Having said that, we eat our young, our families, our friends, our coworkers, our roommates as well as complete strangers.

Of course, this is a generalization and I realize that there are completely respectable people out there who don't make a practice out of putting others down or stepping onto the bent backs of others, but damn near everyone I know.....myself included....has done that to someone at least once. We may have thought it was justified at the time or maybe just didn't care, but that is how many function on a regular basis. How they evaluate themselves is based solely on their place in the hierarchy of wherever they are...work, home, church (the irony, right?)...and the appearance of someone who doesn't fit in that individual's world just so sticks out and attracts their negative attention like blood in the water for sharks.

That person may be brilliant (a heart surgeon, maybe) or honorable (Purple Heart recipient, perhaps) or beautiful (Miss USA, 1989, possibly) but if that person is super curvy, then that is all they see. So many people don't see past the exterior.

Or maybe it's that they see a reflection of themself somehow and attack the other person because of their self-loathing in a twisted effort to eliminate or shrink whatever it is about them that they hate....or maybe I need to put down the psych book and stop thinking about what's in someone else's head. *shrug*

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: