Old 06-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #263
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
What works best for YOU? Do you need an immediate reward or can you work towards a reward goal?

For example, I could go buy a dress that I really wanted if I worked out for x number of days continually or on schedule. Or I could allow myself a half an hour of personal, just for me time after each workout of a half hour or more. Or for every day you work out, put x amount of money aside for a future pleasure.

It's nice to say that the workout is motivation enough, but sometimes it's not. Sometimes you need that extra push to get you there and through it, even though you know it is good for you.

I do agree that doing something you enjoy for the workout is important, otherwise you'll come to resent the workout and that's not the path to follow.

I love this idea.

I'm not a person who enjoys excercise...unless flopping around in the pool in slow motion is exercise.

I like walking on the beach, but we don't get to do that as often as we like due to work schedules....at least not often enough to qualify as regular exercise.

We got the Mobia, and I just need to get my rear up on it and walk every day. It (clearly) will work....it just isn't fun. I can distract myself with TV and it's in the air-conditioned house - which helps a great deal. But that's like removing some of the pain...not a reward.

I think I need to set up a reward system for myself. Maybe I'll print up a calendar and check off every day I get on the Mobia....and give myself a new book on the Kindle for every x number of days or something. Details to be arranged.