atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
thank you for this
I think many are on the receiving end of this type of thing.
I think (meaning my opinion) that when some people (A) are confronted (faced with) with someone(B) who truly does not believe what they believe and has made those belief choices with thought and care. Then that can cause instability/doubt/confusion in person A and whether they realize it or not person A needs to make person B believe or at least understand what they believe in order to shore up their (A) own belief systems. Did any of that make sense?
Or (i think) If I believe what I believe is absolute truth
when someone believes differently
that means one of us has to be wrong (the idea that there can only be one absolute truth)
so I must convince you that you are wrong (sometimes at any cost)
or I must face the fact that I might be wrong
and I having invested much life and energy into believing what I believe that is not an option most will chose
(nothing is as fun as realizing one has been wrong about something)
I think you are absolutely right that some people are insecure in their faith, particularly when it has an arguable basis. I feel sad for people who believe in a god who is wrathful and judgmental, because they condemn themselves to living with the fear of wrath and judgment. They naturally turn it on others. I think, how unhappy they must be.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post: