Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Snow... I don't compare your parenting to the OP parent at all. I got from reading the OP that the dad is very unconcerned about his son's feelings and has totally disregarded the fact that something is really, REALLY bothering his kid. (And in that scenario there could be many things bugging the kid!) There are so many *if's* about this situation, like where is the MOM? If she is present in his life she should be handling this if it needs to be.

I can't see you disregarding your kid's feelings. I also think we are on all different pages on whether or not the furrie's attire and ID are kink related or not. For some circles it's very normal.

Kids brought up around leather folk and introduced to it in a positive way (which most ARE) are one thing, and I SO think it can be done in a very healthy way (Snow is proof), but being introduced to it at 12 would take some patience and tolerance with letting the kid absorb all of it. (If that is what happened) Not taking the kid's feelings into account is unfair in any situation, NOT that the parent has to stop being an adult, just some compassion for being a 12 year old would be nice.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: