Old 07-09-2011, 03:05 AM   #91
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Well..............

YESTERDAY was just so full...........and my heart along with it!

Sedona was breathtaking, amazing, powerful, moving, lovely, stunning, surprising........and a beautiful gift!

I had a bit of breakfast at the hotel and set out.....I just started driving. While it was relatively cool, I wanted to walk a couple of trails and get some good time with the red rocks...........there was one ranger station look~out that was flawless......360 degrees of beauty! Nature all decked out and radiant!

Then there was another trail that led (by car) to Chapel of the Holy Cross, a chapel actually built into the rocks at about 4,500 feet. Again.....breathtaking! I stayed there a bit......just to be still and enjoy. The inside had some lovely art and there were sweet water gardens, too, which brought tears to my eyes.

I met a lovely family there......You know You see these families on vacation and always one gets left out of the picture because they're taking it, so I offered to take the picture for them. It was so sweet.

But the SWEETEST thing was when the daughter ~ age ten ~ turned to me after they began to walk away ~ and asked if I wanted HER to take a picture of ME!!!! The parents looked at each other with such pride. I looked a mess....but how could I say 'no'? I will never post that picture, but will always remember that child.

I went to several galleries...as Sedona is known not only for their Vortex lore, but for their art.

I couldn't afford what I wanted, but I admired it all the same. There was a scuplture of an Indian warrior holding an Indian princess (I can't say the "S" word, sorry). It brought tears to my eyes.

And then there were some LOVELY whirlygigs made from glass and crystals and copper.............OH! They took my breath away.

In other Galleries, there was the same old same old....and one has to be really discriminating when seriously shopping for art in Sedona. Some of it is real crap. But so much is stunning and genuine. I found a lot of that!

Then it was time for the drive to my cousin's in Payson............oh how I did NOT want to go!!!!!

But the trip was lovely......climbed to about 5,000 feet....my little Piccadilly Princess (soccer van) really breathed heavily.........I stopped a few times as we climbed, so she could cool down!

It was good to spend some time with my cousin and her husband. I hadn't seen her in 10 years! And I had never met her husband......OR Chandler, their golden lab. He slept with me.

It was a good day.

We went for Thai food ~ in tiny, little Payson! ~ and it was delightful! We talked over one another and laughed and I heard wonderful family history I didn't know! (She's a geneology nut!)

I wrote postcards out for the Postcard participants, which I'd found in Sedona and we talked until after midnight.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post: