Old 07-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #99
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thank You Mr. Day, for the Koolaid in the SUB container! Big points for that!

And here's the Cliff Notes Version for the rest of the trip......

*Wonderful trips to the Wine Country.....drank wine. Bought wine. Drank more wine. Bought too much so that it had to be shipped.

*Amazing jaunt to Healdsburg and the neat shops there! I could live there, too.

*Oh my! The Redwoods!!!!!!!!!! GLORIOUS!

*The trip to the beach; discovering a very cool Indian restaurant which overlooked the Russian River!

*The beach......my daughter's very first experience with the Pacific Ocean! I was so happy to witness her awe! It was so beautiful!

*Bob's Flan. Holy Mother.

*Putting my feet up by the pool and enjoying the perfect weather, the perfect breeze, the perfect chaise.....though I could not take the perfect nap.

*Sushi. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

*An evening of hilarity with JulieIsAFemme and her 2 sisters, 2 entertaining children and Grey. I ate my first artichoke. THAT was neat!

*Mini Julie gave me her Princess Bed......I was so honored!

*The morning I got in the car to leave Julie's and Grey's ~ they were already gone ~ my engine light came on.

*Went to Sac, CA and fell asleep in Pam & Sabra's garden with a 100-lb Pit Bull (Lenny) on top of me. I was that tired!

*Drove through Donner's Pass on my way to Reno and was strangely hungry.

*Reno.

*Driving across Nevada, I felt as though I should have been in a Conestoga wagon. Salt flats. Road construction.

*Beautiful moonrise.

*Had to tinkle by the side of the road........as I was in the middle of it all, a grasshopper decided to attach himself to the back of my leg. I'm sorry. THat was just wrong. But what was wronger was as I was pulling myself together (that's what we'll call it), on the old what-I-thought-was-a-deserted-ranch-road came an old truch with an older couple and they got a really great view of my white Irish ass. The wife probably said, "Keep your eyes on the road, Harold." It was a moment, to be sure.

*The moon over the Great Salt Lake was stunning!

*I had a wonderful time with my cousin in Park City, UT. I hadn't seen her in 10 years or so, and we spent about 40 hours catching up, laughing, drinking, eating, talking......You know....all that stuff. It was perfect!

*I drove through the back way in Utah and it took my breath away! Literally. I was at 9,114 ft at one point and the breathing was tricky!

*Got to meet JustKim in Grand Junction, CO!

*I'm in Westcliffe, CO now (since yesterday) with my friend, S, and have had a nice and relaxing visit in preparation for my long trip home tomorrow.

*I'll be having coffee in Amarillo with Phyll and then onward to Austin! I hope Lucy, Ricky, Fred & Ethel still remember me!!!!

I hope You've enjoyed this brief little travel journal! It has been an amazing, peaceful, calming, exciting, colorful and rewarding trip. I needed the distraction and it was FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If You can, go see as much of the states as You can! We have some pretty amazing things out there.....if *I* can do it, ANYone can!

CARPE DIEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post: