EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,903 Times in 1,030 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Meh, I'm actually quite happy that Japan won and the US did not. Like I said before, I really like Wambach as a player and I certainly think she deserves to win a World Cup before she retires. She's a great athlete and one of my favourites to watch in the game and she deserves a lot of respect, but I also think that the kind of respect she gives opponents is lacking when it comes to many of the other American players (Rapinoe yelling typical American nationalist crap into the microphone, the team saluting the "good ol' boys" in the crowd, and past actions/comments etc. are all very unsportsmanlike, imo. I can't recall any team or player in professional men's or women's football pulling stunts like that. Confidence is one thing. Arrogance and disrespect is another). Some of her teammates could learn a lot from her. I think as football continues to grow in the US, they need to realise that some of the theatrics of American football and certain aspects of American culture...really don't transfer over well into an international sport like "the beautiful game" that is currently working to break down social barriers through sport. It's a whole different world.

That doesn't take away from their playing, for sure. Yes, they are a good team, just like Japan. They played a great game, just like Japan. That they are a talented team can't be denied. But I really hope that some of the players change those aspects of their attitudes. It really doesn't become them.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote