Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Oh I think she is changing! If I may coin a phrase. Life without change, decays. So I think her changes are adaptive. It troubles me when I see the polar bears floating on a piece of broken ice, whales beaching themselves, temperatures over 105 degress in 40 states at once, for days on end, excessive rain on the east coast, drought on the west coast. Tsunami's, earthquakes, so on and so forth. These things have always happened, as you go back through history.

More maddening is the melt down in Japan, The gulf oil leak to name two. The damages from these will never be able to be measured in our lifetime.
The real truth will be hidden from us, so as to not alarm us. Now we have fracking. (for natural gas) a different way to mine.

Just like you, Sachita, I do everything i possibly can, to save the earth, to give back to it, what I take from it. However I live in the city and not on a farm. I raise worms, to eat my food scraps and in return they make me rich fertilizer. I ride a bicycle 9 and a half to 10 months a year. I bought a new car in January (a smart car)made from recycled plastics(so I don't have to support the oil industry) and it has 1,200 miles on it.....I grow bean sprouts year round in window boxes that I eat,
soon will be adding three hens to my family, grow vegtables in square foot gardens, I CAN. I have flowers that attract butterflies and feed them, i bought praying mannis eggs this year and I know they harvested well, I see them everyplace, I don't eat meat....my pets are rescued. I drink water out of those can's. They are everyplace. Plastic bottles bother me, even though I love fiji water, it comes in plastic. I'm always looking to do more....

good thread, I'm curious what others will have to say. Thanks for posting the link. Very moving

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post: