Old 08-16-2011, 09:29 AM   #1018
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I find this thread to be such an incredible support...and all of you an inspiration.

Yesterday was an incredibly tough day for me....tiring, emotional, lots of negativity to deal with at work that had me (literally) in tears and about to quit...which is crazy since I love what I do.

Anyway...by dinner, I wanted a philly cheesesteak and nothing else was going to do. So...I had it. I did skip the fries (even though I love them and they make them fresh and delicious)....and just enjoyed every mouthful of that sandwich.

Afterwards....I was tempted by chips, ice cream and all the usual crappo I'd eat, but instead I thought....nope....don't beat yourself up, just back on track....and had the before bedtime snack that I should have.

I'm an every day weigher too and, this morning, the scale didn't hate me. In fact, I'm down a couple pounds just since Saturday and yesterday's splurge didn't move the needle up. I know there's always a big initial loss, so I'm not counting on any particular number each week.

In fact, I'm trying not to focus on the scale, but instead just eating a healthier diet to control my diabetes....but it still feels really nice to see the scale moving in the right general direction.

Fresh fruit, lots of salad stuff and veggies, lean protein and greek yogurt are playing a big role in my shopping cart this morning...