Old 08-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #1029
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Matthew, my friend...as one diabetic to another....when is the last time you had a kidney function test?

Swelling of legs and feet is sometimes a sign of kidney damage or failure...common in diabetics. I'm not a medical professional by any means...but it's one of the signs that my doctors have told me many times over the years is a red flag not to be ignored.

This is seriously not something to take a "wait and see" attitude about. You need your kidneys my friend.

Also, look wayyyyy back at the start of this thread and you'll find a link to a handy points guide from WW....I was using it without being a member way back when. It wasn't perfect, but it was a start....

Oh, wait....found it....here it is... http://www.augustgames.com/weightwatchers.htm

There's also a link back near the beginning for a shortcut to figuring out your WW points....I'll go look for it again, or scroll to the first few pages of my posts in this thread. I'm pretty sure it's there.

In the meantime....hugs to you.

So.....my new eating plan continues....

Breakfast this morning was one slice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and black coffee, cuz I was running late and had to eat on the run.

Morning snack...greek yogurt and fresh cut fruit salad that I cheated and bought at the supermarket.

Lunch...now...running late still....a giant salad with lettuce, a whole tomato, half a cucumber, 1/2 cup of garbanzo beans (just drained and rinsed out of the can), a handful of black olives for those healthy fats, 1 hard-boiled egg chopped up for a little more protein and dressing made from apple cider vinegar, seasonings and extra virgin olive oil (another of the good fats I'm supposed to eat more of).

I'm crunching....it's huge...and it's yummy.

Afternoon snack will probably be more fruit and some low-fat mozzarella string cheese or maybe some almonds.

Dinner will be broiled steak and a plateful of steamed broccoli and cauliflower.

Before bed snack....who knows....but last nights string cheese and green olives was pretty darn yummy, so there may be a repeat.