Old 08-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #53
Scota_Parisi

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mz.
Relationship Status:
Houston, we have landed.

Scota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
In the end my gut is always right and I'm glad I have that ability. I try and warn people about others who have such characteristics, but that can come off like it's "me" have a problem with those individuals and I may end up looking like a troublemaker. All I can do is say it once as a "heads up" and that's that. In time what usually happens is I'm told "you were right about so-in-so"....

The first time I encountered an individual who tried to warn me about someone, I laughed it off. At the time I was a whole 20 years wise into the world. The price I've paid for not listening, was a high one that almost cost me my sanity. For a long time life was hard.

Warning others, not an easy thing. They don't often listen. But I take heart, knowing that there are resources online.

People just need to know that they are out there. This one is pretty thorough:

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

At least knowing what the pitfalls are out there in the road, can always help a gal. Think of it as "defensive romance."

"It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on Earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had."
---Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Scota_Parisi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scota_Parisi For This Useful Post: