Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I support the death penalty for violent and sexual crimes of murder against children. "State sponsored murder" is meaningless to me as an argument against the death penalty. I do not accept cruel & unusual punishment arguments against the death penalty. Make it as painless as possible, but what was done to the victims in these cases was nice a painless or horrible death.

I also support the Innocence Project and using scientific evidence like DNA to exonerate anyone falsely charged or convicted and believes that any and all death penalty convicts should have the right to have these tests done to prove innocence and paid for by the state/locale they are incarcerated in. I don't want an innocent person put to death. But, death to me is just punishment for these types of crimes.

I do not support the death penalty for minors (at the time of the crime or otherwise), for developmentally delayed or mentally ill persons. Sociopaths do not fall under this distinction.

I do believe that POC are far more often and convicted of all crimes and that is just plain wrong. I also know that other people are adamantly against the death penalty. I respect your feelings, yet disagree. Presently, in CA, the death penalty cannot be administered. We have had several periods in which these were stopped and death penalty related measure to vote on.

In the past, I was against the death penalty. That all changed as I worked as a victim’s rights advocate for child sexual abuse and later as an expert witness. Of course, I have a bias.

Yes, have been the victim of violent crime and know others that have been personally. We all do come to personal conclusions based upon our life experiences.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: