View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation
Default For Joggers and Runners

Like most people, I've never much cared for jogging or running.

Four months ago, I started using Weight Watchers online and eventually started adding a little exercise to the mix......weights and cardio in the form of stationary bike, stairs, and hills.

I avoided jogging because......well.......because I don't like it.

The weight loss has been promising as well as losing inches around my belly. Truthfully, the belly fat has been my issue. I finally accepted that the only way to rid myself of the last few pounds and inches is to start jogging.

Just last week, on September 1, I started a walk/jog program. I have surprised myself each day at how much of my time has been spent on jogging. I assume that the time I spent running stairs and hills got me in a little better shape than I realized.

So I have to admit that it hasn't been miserable and that I do feel inclined to continue down this path. I'd like to call myself a "jogger" one day, but I know I have to earn those stripes.

For now, I am eternally gratefully that I'm doing this, that nothing is hurting, and that I feel more and more confident each day. Today, for example, one of my "jog sessions" was 10-minutes long!! I jogged 10 consecutive minutes. (I did a total of 28 minutes today; my best was 30:30.)

My walk time between jogging sessions is 3 minutes, and I'm averaging 8 minutes of jogging per jog session. I fully expected to start with jog 1 and walk 4 for about 30 minutes, so you can probably see why I have surprised myself.

Any others here on the Planet who jog or run? How long have you been doing it? What is your workout like?