How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,618 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

I don’t have any predictions really. I don’t know what to say anymore. I tell myself it really can’t get any worse no matter who is elected, but of course that isn’t true. It can and will get worse.

Obama hasn't really been very helpful. I don't think he is really a progressive he just plays one on TV. Unfortunately his inner circle is made up of representatives of corporate/financial America and his policies are crafted by those very same people. His Administration continues supporting Wall Street’s every wish.

This Administration promised to create new jobs. America needs new jobs. So what do they do? They pushed for more Free Trade Agreements claiming this would create jobs. Unfortunately these agreements have done nothing but export jobs to increase corporate profit. The TPP will be bigger and more destructive to the economy than NAFTA. Yet Obama insists it must be passed.

The policy of refusing to raise taxes on the rich, giving corporations free reign to do what they want in the pursuit of profit, letting an unrestrained Wall Street continue on its merry way, cutting social programs, busting unions and exporting jobs in the name of corporate greed continues.

Obama lacks the power to stand up to Wall Street. He continues the Republican agenda. I don’t know what difference it makes if the world’s economy is destroyed by someone who claims to hold a completely different ideology like Obama or someone who clearly enjoyed the process like Dubya.

It feels like either our next leader will play the fiddle while America’s economy and most likely the world’s burns, or he will be gleefully jumping up and down throwing gasoline on the fire. I just don’t know how much difference it will make in the end.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote