Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Thinker.

Just like you, I went from moving to moving more. Then up stairs. To some jogging and then some running and some walking. I wasn't enjoying running or jogging, but was getting my heart rate up and knew I was doing my heart good. Like you, kept doing it, every day a little more, and a little longer. One day I RAN long enough to catch what they call the runners high. Wow. I wanted that every time I ran, and it came easier, quicker the more I ran. Within a reasonable amount of time, I became a runner.

I started to enter 5k's, 10'ks, half marathons, full marathons.....it's still my activity of choice-as I get into the *zone* very quickly.

Unfortunately, I have very high arches and do not have the feet to be a runner. I bought the arch supports (orthotics) but still sufferred from planar fascitis. Nothing like waking up every morning and walking on knife blades. Reluctantly, I have had to accept the elliptical machine in the gym. Every once in a while, I'll push the envelope and take off for a couple mile run, knowing darn well I am risking inviting plantar fascitis back into my life.
I am considering a 10 k in October. I will only train on the eliptical. No road work. IF I do this. It is good for you, but it's not for every one.
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post: