Thread: "Nail" me!
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #75
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkim View Post
*wanders in... I need to say something here as to what will tear your nails up... It is NOT the product (unless it is MMA, which is used in most of the cheap nail places) it is the application that can ruin your nail beds. This is the kind of misinformation that makes me mad! I have acrylic on my nails and they grow out just fine.
The nail industry has come a long way from the old school ways of totally tearing up the nail bed in order to get the product to adhere. The product I use only requires that I remove the *shine* off of the natural nail, nothing more.

P.S. Gel nails are the SAME as Acrylic, they are made up of the same thing, just applied in a different manner.
Good to know, i had no idea about that. my experience has been as follows

Acrylics sit heavy on my nails and begin to hurt really bad after a week or so. I cannot wear them. I have tried over the years.

I have found the gel to not sit heavy and actually can wear it longer.

what causes the breakage weakness from acrylics and or gels?

ps i wasnt trying to make anyone/you mad

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote