View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #46
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday I went on my route through the neighborhood, walking the dogs for the first time just around the block, then by the house to drop them in the yard, then I started in running one minute, walking one minute instead of doing the north/south and east/west rotation I was doing.

I found that I would be able to run longer than one minute, and would up it to 2 minutes, and even once at three minutes....trying to push myself a little bit harder than I have been doing. I was staying comfortable before. I saw a post on someone's page yesterday that said if you don't get out of your comfort zone once in a while, you will not be as successful when it comes to growing. I applied that to my running; as God knows I have pushed myself to well beyond anything comfortable in my every day life..lol

So, it felt great to push my usual limits. I am setting my goal at October 1st to be able to run my whole route one time with no walking in between. I go around the route twice and that equals 2 miles, so if I run a mile by October 1st, I will be very happy and will strive for another goal at that time.