Old 09-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Interesting thread APG

Like others have said, I think being honest is the most important thing; it lets others know who I am...let's me know who they are...and then we have a foundation for friendship or more or not.

I don't expect others to be perfect, or baggage free. Goodness knows I'm not!

Personally, someone who presented themselves as perfect, or who expected me to be, would be a huge red flag. Life isn't perfect, or even easy...and some times it's less easy than others. For me, the measure of a friendship, or a relationship, is not only how well do we do when things are easy and fun, but how well do we do when the shit hits the fan.

Having said that, what Gayla says is also true. If every single thing that someone posts is drama-filled or negative or "help me, I can't cope" or desperate....then that's a big red flag for me. Regular, healthy people (I think) have good days and bad ones, easy days and hard ones, funny moments and sad moments and brilliant moments and goofy moments....that's what keeps life interesting.