Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

You make a good point here. I'm curious about something. Let's hold everything else constant but change just one significant factor.

There are still two women involved in a relationship but one of the women is cheating on her partner with a man. Her partner doesn't know this is going on. The partner who is cheating posts her story here. Are people still going to praise her for her bravery and courage to be herself? Or would it suddenly not be okay because the victim here is another woman?

If people still would not have a problem with it, is there ANYTHING that someone could do in a relationship (outside of outright violence which, I presume, we still can judge harshly) that would cause people to say "that's not okay". If, on the other hand, someone would judge the woman who cheats on her wife with a man, why is it that we cannot judge cheating on her husband with a woman?

Cheers
Aj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMa'am View Post
I was excited to see this thread yesterday, but ultimately had to walk away from the computer without posting to avoid saying something that would get me moderated. I'm very happy to see that I'm not the only one who isn't so much concerned with "not judging" people who are lying and cheating and seem proud of it.

I am bisexual, and I've spent my entire adult life fighting an uphill battle against negative stereotypes about bisexual people. Bisexuals can't be trusted, they're liars, they'll cheat on you, they're not capable of being faithful. And now, here's a thread about bisexuality, in which all of these negative stereotypes are being put on display as if it were perfectly normal, acceptable behavior.

Starbuck, others here may be concerned with not judging you, but I'm not one of those people. I am judging you. Lying and cheating are not okay. What you're both doing to your husbands is not okay. Liars lie, cheaters cheat, and the whole concept of the two of you being "faithful" while cheating on your respective husbands is laughable. I certainly don't appreciate the attempt to justify lying and cheating because there's bisexuality involved. Bisexual people are perfectly capable of monogamy, just like straight and gay people are. Being bisexual doesn't make cheating okay.

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post: