tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Maybe you can or already are making a difference now.
You are apparently an OUT Scout Parent.
Your troop is obviously not adhering to the rules and guidelines.

Were you aware of their stance on homosexuality?

Julie

Yes, we talked to the Scout Master at length, working out the understanding I detailed above re troop level vs. national level. As he pointed out, national level is controlled by LDS. There are lots of things to disagree with there--and lots of differences between that and troop level (e.g., no god assumed at troop level).

To change what you don't agree with, sure, start by talking to the Boy Scout at the supermarket--but then write to BSA Council. Silence = Death.

Meanwhile, I'll work from within. You can bet that those scouts (and their parents) in our troop had a friendly, caring, accepting face to attach to "lesbian" after I was their counselor for a week. And woe to the person who tries to get the tapu out.

Last edited by tapu; 09-27-2011 at 11:36 AM.
tapu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tapu For This Useful Post: