Old 09-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #31
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
I posted last year about being invited to a student's Eagle Scout ceremony.

I was incredibly flattered and moved to be invited, but

I ultimately chose not to attend because of the Boy Scouts' discriminatory policy and practices.

I do know that there are some troops that have distanced themselves from BSA, and that is incredibly brave.

I don't donate to United Way, because they give money to Scouts and I have no way of knowing where the money is going.

To answer the question, I would not sign the petition but

I would not explain why unless the child asked, and then I would explain in child appropriate language.
OHhhhhhhhhhhh i remember that Chancie. I do. I do. Time flies.

I was a boyscout leader as well. True story. But that was eons ago and i was in a heterosexual relationship and was living the "straight life" with all the straight life privileges. So i didn't even think about it at the time. My ex husband was an eagle and we were very involved in the local group.

Now my kids are all grown. Was so so long ago. It would certainly be a different/difficult situation with my current way of life. My heart is out to you Tapu and all that you are doing for the kids. It is not an easy job. But, rewarding. I'm happy that you are able to be out and not feel threatened.

Rock on!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: