apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantYearning View Post

Has anyone felt this inexplicable disconnect from feeling and your heart in general after a difficult, emotionally abusive relationship?
In addition to feeling disconnected from people and myself I also felt completely unwilling to try again, let alone let anyone else into my heart.

Finally, I sought therapy and began working on myself--I also had to look at what made me stay with that disgusting, lying, cheating, pig-fucker, and own my part in choosing someone like that and allowing it to go on as long as it did. Thankfully I had an amazing couple of therapists and it's been about 5 years now and it seems like a lifetime ago.

Also, I learned from my mistakes and didn't repeat the same ones: When people came into my life--Kindness, honesty and integrity mattered most. I was highly critical and won't apologize for it--I didn't stand for lies and inconsistencies and I didn't want my time wasted, or theirs. I was looking for different things when I dated--someone that I could trust, eventually and someone who wouldn't rush my process--If they didn't allow me that then it wasn't a match. Thankfully E came along and I love that someone is always on my side, even when we absolutely disagree--He's always "for me."
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post: