View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #18
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

The worst aspect of the Invasion of North America is the present day discrimination. Where I live the First nations people are generally Cree and Blackfoot. We do have some Inuit in my area of the province, but not many. I would like to see some moving forward of our thoughts and acceptance of our First Nations. I encourage understanding where I can and acceptance wherever I go.

Columbus came, went and died. The horrible legacy of invasion still haunts us. Soul loss of nations of diverse and beautiful people is still present. Depression and economically depressed reservations still exist. Horrible addictions and generational issues still exist. Healing is needed. Medicine Women and Men need to be supported to provide for their people.

It is the present day conditions that I am most horrified by.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post: