Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

As I signed on to the site, via my personal ISP...the first thing I saw was a polar bear floating on a piece of broken off iceberg. Immediately (me being a skeptic) I thought UUgh, I hate when people use these kind of ploys to solicit money.

I live in the second oldest neighborhood in Pittsburgh. It's been in gentrification for 20 years but there is alot of old around. There is both good and bad to old. We had an EXTREMELY hot summer. Very little precipitation. The more elderly people were catching their rain water from their downspots into 55 gallon drums to water their gardens. In theory, this sounds good. But it isn't. The *old* part of the neighborhood, who knows what those roofs are made of, and have been repaired with. I'd say, since the majority of the historic part of this neighborhood was pre WWAR2, the elderly have INSELBRIC roofs and faux brick shingles. Made primarily of asbestos. Those box gutters have lead paint on then. Collection of poisonous water, feeding it to your plants, well you know the rest. I also worry about the run off.

The older infastructure had all water collection going into the sewer systems and running into the rivers where it is collected, treated and given back to us as tap water. I DO NOT DRINK THAT STUFF.

Think about that, we allow water run off from asbestos to go into our drinking water supply. I'm sort of on a soap box about prescription medicine (unused mainly) being flushed down the toilet. How is it possible for the water treatment plants to kill every medicine in the world?

Have you ever wondered what happens to the hazardous medicines that hospitals use when they are finished with them? What about the bloody sheets and guaze and gowns and everything else from operating rooms and suction machines? Where does that stuff all go (it gets incerated) is that safe? Is that the air that we breath? Eventually, we all breath the same air. The wind does blow, the earth does rotate.
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post: