View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 12:47 AM   #34
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE= My kat drinks fiji water, just like I do. The number one killer of kats is kidney disease (renal failure). I did a Ph test on my fiji water. it was a perfect 7. I did the same Ph test on my filtered tap water.....9.5 (alkaline)
Blech, I'm drinking chlorine.....thats why we do not drink it.[/QUOTE]

Great points, YB, and not to sound like the proverbial canary in a coal mine, but I had another telling experience when I learned what just a little bit of the water can do when I went to St. Petersburg, Russia, for a writers' conference.

St. Petersburg may well be the giardia capital of the world. I knew this going in, and was meticulous about what I drank. However, I stayed at a basic student hotel with no water filters on the shower heads or in the sinks. Needless to say, it only takes a drop of water to introduce something like giardia. And so I was out seeking a remedy after a week of rapid weight loss and digestive gymnastics.

I don't think folks should panic, but I do think a growing consciousness about water is called for.