View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #12
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi View Post
I dance to music and let it take me where it wants……I’ll go for a walk, paying attention to my rhythm of walking……I’ll concentrate on my breathing during Yoga……I’ll sit and watch the clouds float past……I’ll listen to gentle music and concentrate on the piece……My best meditation is to hand embroider, paying particular attention to how each stitched is formed.

I can’t just sit or lay down and clear my mind as I fall asleep – not a bad thing in itself, lol!

My meditation at the moment is Tai Chi, concentrating on my movements and placement of my crutches – It’s my “Go to” meditation when my Spina Bifida goes into spasm. It helps with the pain and stiffness of movement.

1QuirkyKiwi, I did not know you had Spina Bifida. I have never had a patient with this. So, please be gentle on me due to my ignorance. Tai Chi works, in part, with the meridians. Do you find that moving the energy up and through your body (and crutches) is what soothes your spasms? Is it the concentrated movement that eases you?? I really like Tai Chi, but I don't have an ongoing practice.

Yoga is for me a place of great inspiration. I get some of my best ideas for circles or rituals or articles I write, during yoga. I don't resist carrying a pen and booklet with me anymore to my classes.

I have a brain injury from a stroke and it changed me sssssoooo much and what I could do pre and what I can do post are quite different. Like lots different. It helps me to understand our human body when given the opportunity to discuss with others their bodies changes and/or limitations.

Like Einstein said "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious". And this fox is never ending curious.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post: