The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadgeek View Post
If you haven't already read them, let me suggests William Gibson's Sprawl Trilogy: Neuromancer, Count Zero and Mona Lisa Overdrive. They are all excellent pieces of science fiction (Neuromancer is the *other* reason I decided I wanted to write, A Wrinkle in Time being the first). His second trilogy, the Bridge series is also good. They are Virtual Light, Idoru and All Tomorrow's Parties.

I would also suggest Nancy Kress' Beggars series. If you can get past some of libertarian philosophy they are very good reads. They are: Beggars in Spain, Beggars and Choosers and Beggars' Ride.

Also, George Alec Effinger's trilogy When Gravity Fails, A Fire in the Sun and The Exile Kiss are fantastic.

If you are into steampunk and haven't read The Difference Engine.

Cheers
Aj
Wililam Gibson's stuff, particularly the Sprawl Trilogy, has definitely got interest for me. I'll check into the other ones as well. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle?

The Difference Engine is another on my lists as well. Like Angie, I'm interested in Terry Pratchett but don't know where to start and hate starting mid-way through a series.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote