How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,618 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation
Default "Austerity Measures" or Social Genocide -Stories from around the Globe

We are experiencing a global economic crisis of historical proportions. Conditions for the poor and the working class are likely to worsen significantly over the coming months and years. We will most likely see the death of the middle class. The 99% around the world will be made to suffer unjustly for a crisis we had no hand in creating. The 1% will continue to amass huge amounts of money as well as power. As always, depending on your geographic location, suffering may be significantly more intense and disproportionate, but we will all suffer as austerity measures, a euphemism for social genocide, are implemented around the world.

Our pain and suffering can unite us. We are in a unique position at this moment in time. Because of technological advances that make communication possible and information readily available we, as one world, can begin to reach a philosophical unity and begin initiatives to create true change, global change, as we seek liberty and freedom for all.

Toward this end we must begin to discuss ideas and issues, but it is also important to be clear on the realities of our world. We are divided by artificial separations that run deeper even than borders and nationalism. And I know it is in human nature to other, to be suspicious of those outside our borders, wherever we place them. But I do think we can find a way to unite against a very real enemy, one who seeks to do us all great harm. If we do nothing our way of life will die. If we act separately we will diffuse our power, for our strength lies in our great numbers, and we will likely lose. The only way a small population can control a large one is to bring them to their knees to accept the yoke. As resources shrink, those in power have no choice but to discard the Mr. Nice Guy pretense some of us have been privy to. We will accept our fate willingly or they plan to make us. Never doubt this. Global unity of purpose is our best chance.

But it's never wise to put the cart before the horse. Empathy and shared injustice goes a long way toward uniting people. I thought I would start a thread where we can post stuff about what our sisters and brothers around the world are experiencing in this time of financial upheaval. I thought I would start by posting an article about Greece. The Greek people are going through a very difficult time and our wonderfully unbiased media has done a fantastic job of playing the blame the victim game. It’s the favorite game of the 1% and all those who are under their control. I remember when I first began to hear about the problems in Greece. All the reporters seemed to do was tell us stories about how much the Greek people had been given and how over the top their social programs were. So of course their predicament was self induced and it was understandable that they had to give into these austerity measures. This is the same approach the 1% always uses. Blame the poor for poverty. And we always fall for it. We need to wake up. These austerity measures, that we will all be made to accept, are nothing less than social genocide.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: