cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,725 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

I'm curious about the author's use of the word "grudge." I have always related a grudge to be a negative thing that I'm doing such as not letting go of a past hurt or slight. However, the author seems to suggest it's a positive thing...like a shield that helps keep her sanity in check and the negative people at bay.

As she listed off groups, I could easily identify people in my life that at one time or another fit into each one. Most are no longer a part of my life. So in that aspect, I guess I do put boundaries up in order to save myself a whole lot of heartache and sorrow. People who are no longer a part of my life? A few select exes, friends who were more emotional vampires than anything, friends who were only there when they wanted something from me, a family member who was overly opinionated and argued down anyone who dared to offer a differing opinion, and friends who lived in a whirlwind of drama. Like other posters, I generally just walk peacefully away.

I, too, have been "let go" and, as Arwen mentioned, it does hurt. A lot. Sometimes I understand and sometimes I don't. Of all the people no longer a part of my life, losing the friendships always seems to be the hardest on me emotionally. Once the sting's gone, I try to look at the situation objectively and ask myself what I could or should have done differently. Sometimes I really am at fault. Other times, it's both parties involved. I

Great topic, Arwen.

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post: