Old 02-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #8
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
I'm a little confused........

Are they building libraries for the Afghan people? If so will donations of books in English do the Afghan people any good? What percentage of the Afghan people speak English? What language do they speak in Afghanistan.

My understanding is the large majority of the Afghan people are not literate....like over 75%. If we want to help them then perhaps books in their language might be more useful

Toughy,
That was MY first thought, too, as I didn't realize there was a large, English~speaking population there. So....I asked....and my understanding is the library is for the people there.

Just passing along the information. However, I have written to this soldier for clarification.....and shall get back to the thread when I hear.

Thanks!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote