Thread: Herbal Medicine
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #45
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,249 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

The lovely thing about natural and herbal medicines are their are so many traditions to draw from, and so many ways to go about healing. Each person has to choose what resonates for themselves. Different cultures can use the same herb in different ways, and get results. I think it has to do with some innate intelligence in the plant itself.

I know herbalists from many traditions, and we can have some interesting conversations about the way we use the same herbs. I think it is these types of conversations that keep the medicine dynamic, alive, and growing. Especially withing the Western herbalist traditions here in America, because it is such a mixing and blending of cultural traditions and backgrounds, so there is a recreation of the medicine in some ways. I think it's beautiful.

On another note, I am experimenting with homeopathic and Bach flower remedied for my pets as well, and find they respond well to it. Pretty cool stuff. I am excited about the way natural medicines are blending into the western Veterinary world. I think in some ways animals like children are easier to treat, because they don't get in the way of their own healing