View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #7
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLast View Post
I see what you are saying. I don't recall exactly what was going on when I first did this thread. Yes, my own back yard is a mess.

What I often have problems with here in the US is a US-centric outlook about violence against women- not much awareness of how globally, women are treated. That we need to look at all of the issues and cultural variables around the world that women face. That is what I was trying to get at. Believe me, I get what continues here in the US.
I recently took a class on transnational feminisms, which is precicely what AtLast is referencing in her above post. and, yes, the us has a very us-centric perspective on just about every human rights issue you can think of. take "third-world" countries for example. "third-world" as compared to what? the u.s.? does this mean we are a "first world" country? and if so, what criteria did we meet in order to exact a first place status?
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post: