View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Congratulations.

For taking her in, for caring enough and being able to provide love and necessities for her. I can relate, but our kiddo was much younger. We loved her to pieces, over-protected her, and made sure she was safe every day and nite. She always had one of us to talk to, no matter what else was going on. Life changed on a dime.

My ex-partner and I became "parents" , on a July 4th weekend many years ago. Like you, we were comfortable with the pets, the kids had grown, we were free, traveled, had a weekend house in the mountains where I painted and sculpted. Her daughter had gotten married, her son had joined the Navy.

Overnite, we became parents of her daughter's 2 and 1/2 year old. because ~~ the little one's mother did drugs, said she never bonded with her, and was going into rehab, the father was long gone. We had a traumatized, terrorized little girl to raise, whose mother never got clean , and never got her back.. the mother never got clean, and never took her away again.

We took a week off work, then put her in a Christian School daycare program that following Monday. She graduated from that high school and went on to college, met an Airman on-line, and wanted to get married. SCARY TIME>>>She had never been away from us for even one nite. Now we have 2 more little ones. She is at Wright-Patterson Air Force clear across the country from home right now. She has always referred to us as he parents, and told her mother that Peg and I were the grandparents....

So, all I can say for the teenage years. We talked. We stayed involved. She asked us about alll kinds of things. She told her teachers, and friends that Her Gramma and I slept in the same bed and we were her parents, I almost died, but...they kept her in school and she always had friends. Our kiddo was eager and able in sports, loved animals. I got to be the Taxi-Van driver for her teams, and chaperoned them on school trips, went on a bus with 25 wild teens on an 8 hour road trip, snorkeled with them at Sea Camp on Catalina Island, and enjoyed Disneyland toooo many times to count. When she was 16 she got a season pass to Knott's Berry Farm Amusement park (close to home) and always was respectful, on time and wanted to bring her friends to her house.

So, good luck and congratulations on a whole new adventure...

Last edited by Tommi; 01-08-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post: