PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

A funny moment

So at a super bowl party there was this band playing, called "the who"
I didnt know who they were.
I also learned this week that the Rolling Stones are a band that is not related to the magazine in anyway, but I dont know what music they play.

This is only funny because apperantly these bands are quite big. I know this by the look of incredulity on my new boyfriends face as he discovers to what depth my hearing loss has allowed me to grow up in a media culture closet.

It was painfully emberrassing not all that long ago to learn that I was "supposed to know" who the Beatles were. I have at least an inkling now.

Its not painfully emberrassing anymore. The difference is that Im held in love and understanding. Patience and appreciation. And my experiences, being different, are valued. It gets to be funny. I get to look forward to a later exposure to new things now that there is you tube lyrics and special headphones that help drowned out excess sound and highlight voices. Movies and music both are something Im slowly exploring.

Ive lived 35 years without it though, and its ok that Im not rushing to "fix" my lack of understanding. WOW.

It makes a difference. I get to enjoy the humor of it all because im not veiwed as broken. I hope I remember that, as I take care of my patients every day. Cause this acceptance of me as whole- wow what a gift. I want to give that gift to others.
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post: