Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Oh I hear what you are saying, Vlasta, but for me the Oscars are special. I don't see it as anything other than recognizing some folks for the work they do. And the entertainment industry is so very important. It is because of Hollywood and the independent studios as well that we get documentaries like "911" or "Fork over Knife" (not the right name) or movies that inspire us like "Joyful Noise" which I haven't seen.

So I would rather seek the joy in the Oscars. I love Oscar night. I love the glitter, the glamour, the glee. I love watching truly stunned winners babble. I love watching the smug superior winners get choked up.

I just adore the Oscars. And I'm glad this thread is here for those of us who do love it. It's a fun way to connect with others who share my love.

I also watch every other award show that I can. Some people are reality show junkies. Me? I'm down for the award show every time.

I do think your statement has validity. Maybe it would be a good post for one of the discussion areas? Let folks chew on it more there where they can not be divided by those of us who are here to pass a good time about the Oscars.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post: