How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

A lot of invisible disabilities are often stigmatized in a very ugly way.
Bi-Polar is a medical condition, with a lot of social stigma attached to it that is inaccurate. Dyslexia often goes unseen in our educational systems and students are put in classes with the developmentally disabled.

People with Asperger are also so misunderstood most of the time as socially inept.

Brain injury is invisible, but often the behaviors that come along with it make people think the person is crazy or stupid.

Addiction is also a disability that is very stigmatized. It's a disease (although I am sure somebody will come in here and debate that)

At what point is it safe to reveal? I personally like to reveal it all upfront, because if you can't handle being around me I don't wanna fall in love with you only to lose you for the things I am not in control of.

I tire of how ugly our society has become that people like Sarah Palin can demand a Politician resign for using the word retard and then out the other side of her mouth defend Rush Limbaugh because he is being satirical so that is ok.

Rush, who suffered the disease of addiction should be more careful.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post: